1. Kinnie was first produced in 1952 as an alternative to the cola drinks that proliferated in post-war Europe
2. Kinnie’s exact recipe is kept secret
3. As the health awareness increased over recent decades, a Diet version for Kinnie appeared in 1984.
4. In 2007, a new low calorie version of Kinnie called Kinnie Zest was made available. This has a slightly darker colour and a stronger orange flavour, and is advertised as only having one calorie per bottle.
5. The latest Kinnie variant is Kinnie Vita which is naturally sweetened using a blend of sugar and stevia leaf extract.
6. Kinnie is exported to the UK, Italy, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Libya, and Canada
7. In recent years, Simonds Farsons Cisk also started to franchise Kinnie production overseas. As a result, Kinnie is now produced under licence in Australia
8. In March 2009, it was announced that Farsons were going to start exporting Kinnie into Russia as well
9. In the summer of 2010, Farsons and Kinnie UK Limited soft-launched Kinnie and its two variants in London’s West End
10. We all love Kinnie 🙂